Monday 14 November 2011

Pecha kucha - Elizabeth Peyton


On 8th November we had to choose an artist and deliver a "Pecha kucha " style presentation! This meant twenty slides, twenty seconds a slide.

I chose artist Elizabeth Peyton who was an American artist born in 1965. Peyton began drawing at a young age, best known for her portraits of celebrities and friends . She works small scale, in watercolour, pencil, oil and etching.

I was completely absorbed in this research, I love her work and found it easy to choose my pictures, I struggled with the idea of the twenty seconds per slide as I had quite a lot to say on most of them. I have found that I can present more effectively if I only show pictures with titles on the PowerPoint and read from the notes I have on my iPad.
PowerPoint is another new skill recently acquired for college presentations, it is so much easier!


Feedback from Pryle Behrman - well researched and I communicated my information sufficiently.

New word:
Apocrypha -various religious writings of uncertain origin regarded by some as inspired, but rejected by most authorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment