Sunday 13 November 2011

Identifying my weaknesses.....

I have to identify up to three areas of improvment for my sector studies PDP project, I have chosen....

. Presentation skills
. Life drawing ( people)
. Vocabulary

. Presentation skills- I need to figure out how to manage stress and anxiety regarding presenting to others, I cannot feel comfortable standing and I feel that I gabble my words and can't think clearly.
I have decided that the best way to deal with this is to practise in front of people I am comfortable with and ask them for feedback each time, I have several opportunities to do this in the near future as part of ongoing projects.My aim is to be able to give a five minute presentation and feel comfortable doing it.
I intend to research in books and online to help me improve.

. Life drawing ( people)- I would like to improve my drawing skills where drawing people/figures are concerned. I was put off this while at school, while art was my best subject I did not get the best of teaching and I felt that I was weakest at this aspect of art.
I will practice this and record my progress in this blog.

.Vocabulary-I am concerned that while reading assignments and books since starting college, I do not understand quite a lot of the words used , i realise that this will hinder my understanding of assignments so I must improve my vocabulary. I will do this by writing down words I don't understand in the back of my journal and looking them up. I will also check the meanings of words or phrases that I am familiar with but have never looked up the definition. I will also make sure I use "word of the day" apps on my iPad/ computer etc.

New words : avante garde- outside of the norm
Iconoclasm- The deliberate destruction of religious icons and other symbols or monuments, usually for religious or political motives.

No comments:

Post a Comment