Friday 23 December 2011

Presentation of comparisons of two artists.





As part of Remix and appropriation, we had to choose two pieces of art to compare, one digital and one other. I chose Bathers at Asnieres by Wilhelm Sasnal and Compression #17 from Tokyo Compression by Michael Wolf.

I found it easier this time, I think because I am getting more used to the idea of presenting, my feedback was good, same as previous feedback.


New word-Avant-garde-Originally a French term, meaning vanguard or advance guard (the part of an army that goes forward ahead of the rest). Applied to art, it means that which is in the forefront, is innovatory, which introduces and explores new forms and in some cases new subject matter.

2 comments:

  1. Don't miss David Hockney's postcards on Radio Times this week (I think). He does stuff on his ipad... Exhibition coming up in the RA later in January. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I will be going next Wednesday hopefully:) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete